Online Spanish 101
Spanish 101 is an introduction to basic reading,
listening, writing, and speaking skills in Spanish. While a fully-online
Spanish 101 course is an
exciting new format that will fit the schedules of many people, the class in
this format is not for everyone.
This class is ideal for students who...
- have the self-discipline to dedicate the
necessary hours every week to study a foreign language. (Note that in
the summer semester, this number of hours per week practically doubles from
the regular semester.
- are comfortable in an online setting.
- feel comfortable with using computers.
- took Spanish 101 before and had to drop
before the end of the semester.
- need a four-unit entry-level Spanish course.
This class is not for students who...
- already speak Spanish at home, work, or in
any other circles. (Spanish 130, also offered fully-online, is
considered the "Spanish 101 for Heritage Speakers of Spanish.")
- are shy about attempting to speak in a
foreign language. The fact that this class is fully-online does not
mean that you will not be assessed on your speaking abilities in Spanish.
When possible, we will work in independently, in
pairs, in small groups, and have oral presentations.
Students are expected to exude basic scholarship
standards. Basic scholarship standards include:
- Doing your own work
- Appropriate and responsible online
- Have all your required texts, dictionaries,
- Completing assignments on time.
- Being ready to study and work.
- Communicating with other classmates and the
instructor in times of doubt.
WebCT and QUIA registration are
required for this course. Follow the link below and read all the
information very carefully. If you are enrolled in Spanish 101 Online, you
are responsible for knowing the information.
What are WebCT, QUIA,
Registration Information for SPRING 2008
Back to Guerrero Homepage